A few weeks ago, I had a strange impulse to begin applying for a job on campus. I started by revamping my cover letter and resume and took a few office skills tests on campus. Before I knew it, I had applied to about eight different secretarial-like jobs on campus in locations varying from the Life Science Department to the BYU Independent Study program. I had only interviewed for one other job when I got the e-mail saying I had been accepted to the Business Career Center in the Tanner Building on campus. This is a pretty big deal because, even though I'm not going into Business, the Marriott School of Business is one of the best Business Schools in the Nation! I am so thrilled!

I must admit that, because I had applied to so many jobs, I really didn't know what the job description was for this job. It turns out that I've been hired as a Recruiter Coordinator. I'll have a desk not quite as grand as the one pictured above, but it's just down that hallway on the right. I'll basically be doing quite a bit of secretarial work as well as coordinating visits from recruiters and scheduling events and what not. I really don't know all that the job will in-tale, but $9.00/hr. makes me happy. Now I can pay tithing again!!!
1 comment:
yeesh! BYU pays better than BYUI! Good thing I'm not an assistant manager on campus or I wouldn't get paid that either!
Post a Comment