What's a blog for if you never update it, right? Don't you just hate it when someone you care about who lives far away never updates their blog? What are they up to? I'm sure there were so many of you who were wondering where I went for the past few months, right? Am I right? Ok, maybe you don't really care, but there is a small part of me that misses updating the blog which no one views. Someone's got to do it after all. So, here I am updating my blog.
What's new? Well, seeing as how the last time I posted was back in August, you might think it's safe to assume that school got the best of me and that I have been deeply entrenched in my text books and study material, but why then am I posting now? The end of February? Isn't that right around midterms? Yes, well, I admit that school has gotten the best of me, but I've reached a point of exhaustion and general loss of interest in my current studies which is why I have devised a new plan!
Here it is: I'm going to drop out of school, move to some remote state...Wyoming will work. I will get a job at a Wendy's as a general employee and live in an apartment with a bunch of dudes for the rest of my life. Problem solved. Life just got 133,429 times easier. It's like living off the land, but without the manual labor. /sarc
If only it were that easy. Life's not all that bad, I just have taken a liking to being pessimistic about school recently. This semester's been my hardest and I don't see it getting any easier in the future. The other day, someone in my ward was asked what their greatest fear was. I think the answer they gave was something like spiders or the dark. I'd take on a whole army of spiders in the dark right now if I didn't have to face my biggest fear: The Unknown Future, but alas, it is inevitable. After every bad test or poor assignment grade, my head goes reeling on and on with 'what ifs'. What if I don't pass this class? What if I can't graduate? What if I can't get into a graduate program? What if I can't get a good job? What if I can't provide for a family? What if I can't ever get married because I can't provide because I can't get a job because I didn't get into a graduate program, because i didn't graduate, because i didn't pass this class because I did horrible on this test because I'd rather spend my weekend hiking to the top of Y Mountain? (That was a lot of fun by the way).
So, I go round and round in this vicious cycle of death pondering the seemingly inevitable failure which lies before me. But then I meet someone who brightens my day, who sheds new light on life, who shows me that I can, who inspires me to succeed, who gives me hope, who reminds me in Whom I can trust...In Him I can trust! What else matters?...what else matters? ...I'm going to run with this, but I gotta go now. Back to the books!
No comments:
Post a Comment