Tuesday, April 19, 2011

3-D Family Tree

So, I had this thought the other day as I was admiring all the beautiful trees here in Provo whose leaves are just beginning to bud. I thought how cool it'd be to have a family tree! I don't mean like the pedigree charts, but a real tree that has just as many branches on it as there are people in your family. I drew up a few sketches and then went to work, but I don't really have much to work with so I used post-it notes and tape. Here's a picture of my masterpiece. It's my family!
The trunk of the tree is my grandpa, Marvin Dale Coffey. Each one of the five main branches are one of his children. The third one from the bottom is my dad. It branches out to the left of the tree in this picture. Then there are nine branches on that branch and a few more branches on a few of those branches. It's four generations. Me, Grandpa, Dad, Aunts and Uncles, Cousins, Nieces and Nephews. One big happy family. My roommates think I'm crazy. I won't ask for your opinion, although you can comment on this if you want.

No comments: